By Scott Lorenz
Westwind Book Marketing
If you’re an author, you owe it to yourself to check out this list of book festivals and fairs that authors could attend for 2022. These events are an excellent way for authors to meet book buyers and reviewers, interact with fellow authors and publishers, meet your readers and find new ones too. As an author you can network with book industry leaders, locate the help you need, such as a publicist or book editor, and learn what’s new in the marketplace.
Book fairs usually want speakers. By volunteering to speak, authors not only gain great exposure but can also add that appearance to their resume and press releases. One of my author clients was a member of a panel of authors at a Southern Book Festival. I issued a press release about it and added it to her accomplishments on her bio. Not only is she a respected author but she’s now an author admired by her peers. It’s these little things that all add up in the minds of reviewers and the media when they decide who they will write about. If you want to land a panel slot or speaking gig you must plan ahead; dates for panel participants, speakers and autograph sessions are usually arranged months in advance.
Upcoming Book Fairs and Festivals
For more upcoming book events check out C-SPAN2 at: https://www.BookTV.org and click on the Book Fairs tab. For more information about book events and book marketing visit https://www.Book-Marketing-Expert.com.
1. Savannah Book Festival, February 7-20, 2022, Savannah, GA. The Savannah Book Festival has been around since 2008. It offers live streaming sessions with leading authors. https://www.savannahbookfestival.org/
2. AWP Conference and Bookfair, March 23-26, 2022, Philadelphia, PA. At the AWP Conference and Bookfair, you’ll find hundreds of authors, publishers, and exhibitors. There will be panel discussions and a keynote speaker. https://www.awpwriter.org/awp_conference
3. Saints and Sinners Literary Festival, March 25-27, 2022, New Orleans, LA. Created in 2003, the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival helps educate the community on HIV/AIDS. It brings together writers, thinkers, and spokespeople. https://www.sasfest.org/#about
4. The RBMS Booksellers’ Showcase, June 21-24, 2022, New Haven, CT. The RBMS Booksellers’ Showcase offers a variety of exhibitors and products like original art and illustration and manuscripts. https://rbms2022.us2.pathable.com/
5. American Library Association Annual Conference, June 23-28, 2022, Washington D.C. Over 25,000 experts in the industry will help you take your career to new heights. https://2022.alaannual.org/
6. SleuthFest, July 7-10, 2022, Boca Raton, FL. SleuthFest is an annual conference for mystery, suspense, and thriller writers. There’s a Guest of Honor Gala, Fla-Mingle cocktail party and Razzle Dazzle drawing. https://sleuthfest.com/
7. Writers at Woody Point, August 16-21, 2022, Woody Point, Newfoundland. Travel to Canada and immerse yourself in the talent that lies across the border. https://www.writersatwoodypoint.com/
8. The Bookmarks Festival of Books & Authors, September 22 – 25, 2022, Virtual and Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Bookmarks connects people and books through its annual festival, which has been around for over 17 years. https://www.bookmarksnc.org/festival
9. The Brooklyn Book Festival, September 26-October 2 & October 4, Brooklyn, NY. This festival’s mission is to “celebrate published literature and nurture a literary cultural community.” https://brooklynbookfestival.org/
10. The Seattle Antiquarian Book Fair, October 8-9, 2022, Seattle, WA. The Seattle Antiquarian Book Fair features exhibitors from the U.S., Canada, and Europe. https://www.seattlebookfair.com/
11. The Texas Book Festival, November 5-6, 2022, Virtual or Austin, TX. Founded in 1955, this festival includes over 250 authors as well as over 100 exhibitors. https://www.texasbookfestival.org/
12. Harlem Book Festival, 2022 Dates TBD, Harlem. The Harlem Book Festival is visited by over 30,000 readers and viewed by millions on C-Span https://www.harlembookfair.com.
13. Printers Row Lit Fest, 2022 Dates TBD, Chicago. This is a large book fair with more than 150,000 book lover attendees. https://printersrowlitfest.org
14. The South Dakota Festival of Books, 2022 Dates TBD, in Brookings and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It connects more than 4,000 attendees and more than 50 noteworthy authors, scholars, and publishers. http://sdhumanities.org/festival-of-books/
15. International Christian Retail Show (ICRS) 2022 Dates TBD, Atlanta, GA. Sara Bolme, author of Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace, considers this the best book show for Christian authors. https://www.innovopublishing.com/the-international-christian-retail-show.html
16. The Baltimore Book Festival, 2022 Dates TBD, Baltimore, MD. The Baltimore Book Festival offers storytellers, poetry readings, panel discussions, cooking demos, live music, and more. https://brilliantbaltimore.com/baltimore-book-festival/
17. Decatur Book Festival, 2022 Dates TBD, Decatur, GA. This is the largest independent book festival in the country. Over the years, over 1000 authors and hundreds of thousands of people have attended this event in downtown Decatur. https://decaturbookfestival.com/
18. The Southern Festival of Books, 2022 Dates TBD, Nashville, Tennessee. This festival connects readers and writers from Tennessee and beyond. https://www.visitmusiccity.com/things-to-do-in-nashville/events/southern-festival-books
The Bottom Line: Take a break from your pen and attend one of these top book fairs and festivals. You won’t regret it!
Book publicist Scott Lorenz is President of Westwind Communications, a public relations and marketing firm that has a special knack for working with authors to help them get all the publicity they deserve and more. Lorenz works with bestselling authors and self-published authors promoting all types of books, whether it’s their first book or their 15th book. He’s handled publicity for books by CEOs, CIA Officers, Navy SEALS, Homemakers, Fitness Gurus, Doctors, Lawyers and Adventurers. His clients have been featured by Good Morning America, FOX & Friends, CNN, ABC News, New York Times, Nightline, TIME, PBS, LA Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Woman’s World, & Howard Stern to name a few.
Learn more about Westwind Communications’ book marketing approach at https://www.WestwindBookMarketing.com or contact Lorenz at [email protected] or 734-667-2090 or fill out the form below. Follow Lorenz on Twitter @aBookPublicist. Want help titling a book? Check out Scott Lorenz’s new award winning, bestselling book: Book Title Generator- A Proven System in Naming Your Book www.BookTitleGenerator.net.
Would you like help promoting your book?
If so, tell us a little about your book. What is the title? Do you have a publisher? What is the publish date? How many pages is your book? What is the cost? Do you have web site? What is your specific goal I.E., to make money, raise awareness, get the attention of an agent or publisher, sell the story to a movie or TV studio or something else?
Submit the form below with this information and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!