By Scott Lorenz
Book publicity can change an author’s life. Don’t put off the most important part of publishing a book. Book marketing costs money but obscurity costs more!
Authors will often wonder what book publicity is all about and ask me about the benefits of marketing their book. Here’s a list of 127 reasons authors should seek out book publicity.
1. An agent will ‘discover’ your book and offer to represent you.
2. Publicity is Free. Advertising costs money.
3. Your book marketing will spark ideas for new offerings.
4. You’ll get good (WOM) word of mouth advertising.
5. You’ll become the go-to author the media seeks out.
6. You’ll get new business because of all the publicity.
7. You’ll create positive energy generating more good book ideas while book marketing
8. Book publicity success will lead to loyal employees.
9. You’ll be a more driven, optimistic, and secure author.
10. Other authors will be blown away by your book publicity.
11. Book publicity will pay off because you’ll be able to work less.
12. Your book will inspire you to create another product or service.
13. Well-known TV shows will reach out to you because they’ve ‘heard of you.’
14. Readers will become loyal to you and demand you write more!
15. Demand for your services allow you to raise your prices.
16. Third party media endorsements will result in new business, speaking engagements.
17. Media stories about you will help your website show up first on internet searches.
18. Celebrities will be reaching out to you to learn more about your book.
19. Those who previously never paid attention to your book want to be your friend.
20. Random strangers come up to you and remember you as an author they saw on TV.
21. Your Amazon.com orders will skyrocket.
22. Your book publicity will help you create a name for yourself in politics.
23. New found ‘fans’ will ask you for your autograph.
24. Your book promotion will turn into sales.
25. The online ads for your books will lead to sales and consulting deals.
26. You’ll get more inquiries for your business or practice.
27. Your book marketing will spread across the Internet
28. Your employees will be proud of working with you.
29. Legislation that you initiate or inspire gets enacted.
30. When the economy gets tough, your book will keep you thriving.
31. You’ll be invited to prestigious events
32. Customers will gladly buy your book.
33. Book buyers will ask for your book in stores.
34. You can charge a higher price for your books
35. Since people are pre-sold about you and your book they’re predisposed to work with you.
36. Book publicity is more credible and therefore more believable than a paid ad.
37. Media outlets will reach out and offer your book more free publicity.
38. You may have the opportunity to write a syndicated column about your book
39. You may get paid keynote speaking engagements.
40. Book deals will come to you.
41. Your book will be purchased by a major company for promotional purposes
42. Your compensation as an author will grow over time.
43. Book publicity will help you become well-known in your specialty.
44. You’ll get your own TV or Radio show.
45. Those who were skeptical about your book now own it.
46. Big-name media outlets will feature your book.
47. You’ll make $$$ speaking about your book.
48. Your book publicity will help you brand yourself.
49. Major magazines will feature you and your book on their front covers.
50. Your book will become so popular that it’ll be time for you to host a radio show.
51. Framed articles about you and your book will decorate your office
52. Articles about you and your book will get shared all over Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc.
53. Well-known personalities will endorse YOU!
54. Your book promotion will pay off because you’ll buy your dream home.
55. Your writing techniques will be taught at schools globally.
56. Your book will create a business big enough to franchise.
57. People will be inspired and positively impacted by your book.
58. Significant mistakes will be prevented thanks to your work as an author.
59. Issues you discuss during your book publicity will be taken seriously.
60. Those who appreciate you and your book want to be in your company.
61. Lots of money will come your way when you act as a celebrity endorser.
62. You’ll make money when ideas from you book are licensed.
63. Book groupies will follow all of your public appearances.
64. You’ll be flooded with bulk book orders by organizations who love what your book.
65. Your message becomes part of the lexicon of the language.
66. Major stores will want to sell your book to their customers.
67. You’ll get discounts from those who are interested in a business opportunity.
68. Promoting your books to international markets will be possible.
69. Your book promotion will motivate others to pursue their dreams.
70. The cause outlined in your book will receive grant money from foundations
71. Your family will admire your achievements and be inspired by your success
72. Your children will be inspired by your success.
73. Your closest friends will proudly brag about your book
74. Book promotion will be more fun than you think!
75. Once your book publicity efforts pay off, you’ll enjoy greater self-esteem.
76. Your book publicity success will inspire you to take better care of yourself
77. Others will view you as an author and expert.
78. You’ll have an edge over your competitors
79. Your customers will see your book solidifying a positive image.
80. Investing opportunities will come to you from venture capital companies.
81. Your success as an author will attract experts to help you.
82. People will take your advice to heart.
83. Your love life will improve as a result of the fame your book publicity has brought you.
84. Your name will be in the databases of TV & Radio producers and journalists.
85. Your book publicity will earn you various awards and nominations.
86. Your legacy will be as a successful author.
87. Other authors will covet your level of success.
88. Your book will be at the front and center at indie and big box bookstores.
89. A commencement speech at your alma mater will be offered to you.
90. Those who once looked down upon you as an author will now see you everywhere.
91. Other people will become passionate about the cause your book revolves around.
92. The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and The New York Times name your book a BESTSELLER.
93. You’ll make more memories with your loved ones.
94. You’ll be a media darling and will be recommended as a “Great Interview.”
95. Your book publicity will connect you to people you would’ve never crossed paths with.
96. Your success as an author will give you more faith in yourself.
97. Your book publicity will lead you to earn an honorary doctorate degree.
98. Your debts will disappear thanks to the great results of your book marketing.
99. You’ll be outlived by the legacy you leave as one of the greatest authors.
100. You’ll get a ‘command’ performance by the President of The United States.
101. An early and wealthy retirement will be your option.
102. Words you invent for your book become household terms.
103. Your success as an author will allow you to achieve even more than you ever thought.
104. Your book could be turned into a movie.
105. You could get a deal to collaborate on a new book with a well-known author.
106. Your book will win awards at major book festivals.
107. You’ll be asked to sit on a panel of expert authors at writer’s conferences.
108. Your book will be required reading at universities worldwide.
109. People will buy your book to send to their Congressman.
110. A book award will be named after you and your book.
111. Your book will attract a global audience.
112. Young children will look up to your success as an author.
113. Aspiring authors will consider you their role model.
114. Traveling the world and marketing a book will become your reality.
115. Millions of people will follow you on Twitter.
116. Cruise ships will be calling you talk about your book.
117. The dream life of fame and fortune will now be yours.
118. Once you’re famous and don’t need it, Banks will want to loan you money.
119. A TV producer will want to collaborate on a new series on your book.
120. Your side of the story will be told to the public thus helping your lawsuit.
121. The U.S. Senate will ask you to testify about issues in your book.
122. New laws will be passed as a result of your book.
123. Book publicity is like a drug, the more you get the more you’ll want.
124. Your book publicist will work for free… (Ok that’s not happening!)
125. Marketing a book will become second nature to you.
126. You’ll accomplish what you’ve always wanted to do i.e. make money & get a movie deal.
127. The more book publicity you get the more publicity YOU’LL GET!
The Bottom Line: Book publicity can change an author’s life. Don’t put off the most important part of publishing a book. Book marketing costs money but obscurity costs more!
Book publicist Scott Lorenz is President of Westwind Communications, a public relations and marketing firm that has a special knack for working with authors to help them get all the publicity they deserve and more. Lorenz works with bestselling authors and self-published authors promoting all types of books, whether it’s their first book or their 15th book. He’s handled publicity for books by CEOs, CIA Officers, Navy SEALS, Homemakers, Fitness Gurus, Doctors, Lawyers and Adventurers. His clients have been featured by Good Morning America, FOX & Friends, CNN, ABC News, New York Times, Nightline, TIME, PBS, LA Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Woman’s World, & Howard Stern to name a few.
Learn more about Westwind Communications’ book marketing approach at https://www.book-marketing-expert.com/ or contact Lorenz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-667-2090 or fill out the form below. Follow Lorenz on Twitter @aBookPublicist. Want help titling a book? Check out Scott Lorenz’s new award winning, bestselling book: Book Title Generator- A Proven System in Naming Your Book www.BookTitleGenerator.net